Wednesday 3 February 2016

Tech#file- Hair up- modern interpretation of 50's,60', 70's

Today with Lottie we mad modern interpretation look of 50's, 60's and 70's hair styles. This modern look created by using hot rollers. I choose 70's

Pinterest. (2016). 70s✌. [online] Available at: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/514677063637352284/ [Accessed 27 Apr. 2016].




Flicks were seeing on both short and long hairstyles. They emerged in the early 70's before Charlie's Angels 1976 brought the ultimate flicked hair to our attention in the shape of Farrah Fawcett and her Farrah flicks.

Flicks on a fringe were referred to as wings due to the shape made by the flicks at the side of the face. Flicks could also go all the way round the bottom of the shorter hair, creating a mass of a body. The crown area and top of the hair were always straight.

To create a splendid flick, the new breed of heated styling tools were used, as well as rollers or tongs. Some women decide to get a perm to create the curl needed, which could then be styling easily. Perms were used to create the lift and shape required to curl and flick the hair.

My work 

For this look, I will use hot rollers to create curls at the bottom, straight in the middle and flicks on the sides. My model Vicky has medium length, healthy, straight and thick hair.

 
  

So to create 70's look I made a parting in the middle of hair and start putting hot rollers in an appropriate way to create flicks. I divided hair onto two sides in the middle, before I used heat protector for Vicky's hair.


1. The first layer - I rolled hair parallel, downwards to the an ear- big red one

 










2. The second coat- I curled hair perpendicularly to the first one, two red one, two blue and two white, downwards to at the back of the head to the bottom





3. Third layer-  start bricks work, three red rollers downwards at the back of the head to the bottom


4. The fourth tier- still bricks work- downwards at the back of the head to the bottom, two red ones and two small white on the sides.





5. Fifth and sixth layer the same, I used only red ones, bricks work, downwards at the back of the head to the bottom.






After when I finished, needs to wait until rollers cool down.About 15-20 min. After this time I removed rollers, screwing down curls. That what I achieved after took them off.



 

Beautiful curls, I struggle from the beginning because Vicki's hair are massive and straight, I couldn't roll them. The next point I took my big paddle brush and started from them bottom I gently brushed the hair to sustain curls and styled them in 70's look.

 

 



I was pleased with results, incredible modern 70's look.


Products which I used:

  • paddle brush
  • comb
  • hot rollers Babyliss
  • apron
  • heat protector
  • pin tail comb





No comments:

Post a Comment