Wednesday 9 March 2016

Classic shape and silhouettes

SLEEK PONYTAIL

In this lesson, Lottie shows us, how to make a sleek ponytail. Below short tutorial explains how to make secure a ponytail.

YouTube/ Sam Villa. 2014. How To Create The Perfect Sleek Ponytail. [ONLINE] Available at:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LCW9gCKY3Q. [Accessed 23 March 2016].



1. So, my model Kate has short hair, but I hope I can do it.



2. First, I brushed whole hair; then I used sea salt spray, or you can use it any styling spray to make them sleek. I think even good will be wax or styling hair gum, to help stay hair together.




3.Then, I grabbed my pintail comb and separated triangle from the top of head and clipped. This part I will leave for last. But remember to keep the clipped hair far away from sides.

 


 4. Rest of the hair I caught and used Denman brush to create sleek ponytail quite high if some strands went missing I used sea salt spray to subdue them again. Next, I used the bungee cord to keep the hair secure and high.




5. I took the last part of the hair, brush them and again sea salt spray to keep them sleek and together and put them together in the one ponytail by using another bungee cord. If my ponytail isn't straight enough, think about using the flat iron, to make them straight and sleek.





6. This photo above showing my final ponytail isn't long enough but I could do some work.


Products which I used:

  • apron
  • sea salt spray
  • Denman brush
  • comb
  • pintail comb
  • selection clips
  • bungee cord
  • curly wand 
  • hair spray
  • gloss finish spray

UPDO HAIRSTYLE 



 Updosformediumlengthhair.org. (2016). Celebrities Latest Formal Updos Hairstyles Pictures | Updos for medium length hair. [online] Available at: http://www.updosformediumlengthhair.org/updos/updos-picture-gallery/celebrities-latest-formal-updos-hairstyles-pictures/ [Accessed 26 Apr. 2016]


So create this type of hairstyle you can use whatever technique you want it. You can do on the side, at the back of the head, down or up, with braids or curly hair. This hairstyle is up to you, your imagination. For myself, I am going to use the wavy wand. I will curl whole head to be easier create some shape. 

1. First, I used some sea salt spray, or you can use any styling spray you want it.




 2. Then, I will grab my comb and separate hair from the forehead, just for the braid, this will be my decoration and I will do on the last. 

 



3. Rest of the hair I will curl. Then softly brush them to keep soft wave.




 


4. Hair from the top of the head I will backcomb so to be easy create some shape. 



 


5. Next, softly I will brush them and pinned like a small bun, to keep them up and soft.




 6. From rest of hair, I will create some banana shape and pinned it. 

 

7. For last I will make close to the scalp French braid, the edge I will clip under backcomb bun. 








This how it looks my updo hairstyle. Isn't easy to create updo hairstyle, I must practice to get better. I used too much sea salt and made the hair tacky, thick and stiff. So the overall looks okay but should be done more neater. 





No comments:

Post a Comment