Wednesday 2 March 2016

Advance plating

Today Lottie demonstrated five, eight and eleven strands braid. Below the first video showed five strands twist.


YouTube. 2015. How to Braid : 5 Strand Braid Step by Step | Braidsandstyles12. [ONLINE] Available at:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTMl1EdPfA. [Accessed 7 March 2016].



1. I used my Kate's head to create five strands braids.


So, I divided hair onto two section so would be easier to make a twist. I started it from the middle of the head. I took some thick strand and put into five section. From the left I grabbed three strands and created like the regular braid, then from the right side I grabbed three strands and made regular braid again, always last small strand id going under in the middle strand, then I started again from the other side, repeated from the right side. This photos below showing how looks my five strands braid.

 

 

 From the beginning, it doesn't look very well, but after practise the last one created perfect.

2. Next tutorial will show how to make eight strands braid.

YouTube/Zum Zum. 2014. 8 Strand Braid Tutorial - Crix Hair Tutorials. [ONLINE] Available at:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHEX21giflg. [Accessed 9 March 2016].


Ok, here is again my Kate's head model


So from the beginning, I did the same like five strands braid. 




Then, I grabbed left thick strand and separated it onto three strands, and I started to do it regular plait. Always the last strand from the side of five strands braid goes into the hole off five strands twist, and I repeated this moves until I finish my hair. Photos below showing my work.


 

Maybe, isn't clear enough to see eight strands braid, should be done more neater, but I did my best. Kate's hair are short, so isn't long enough to do it. 


3. The last tutorial will help explain eleven strands braid.


YouTube/ HAHAHAhiccup. 2013. Easy Eleven Strand Braid with NO BOBBY PINS!. [ONLINE] Available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHg3abiX-6E. [Accessed 9 March 2016].



I though will bo more complicate it, but isn't. I grabbed the hair and selected them onto 11 strands. On the side less thick than in the middle. From the medial side, I separated them onto five strands and I did five strands braid until I had finish hair. Then from the left side, I grabbed hair and divided them into three section I started to do it regular braid, always the last strand from standard braid goes in the hole of five strands twist. The same I did on the other side until I finished all hair. Photos below showing my work.




Isn't my best work, but I do it my best.




Products which I used to do it:


  • apron
  • selection clips
  • Denman brush
  • comb
  • pintail comb
  • hair band


No comments:

Post a Comment