Wednesday 20 April 2016

Tech#file - fingers wave



FINGER WAVES

Today, Lottie made a demo for finger waves; she demonstrate three different ways how to do it finger waves. I must say, this hairstyle it's probably the tricky and hardest one I have ever done.

The first way its create the waves by using fingers, some settings lotion and clips. Below short movie explains and how to do it.

TheItalianTouchVideo. 2013. YouTube. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loOcIy4HtdM. [Accessed 20 April 2016].



So for this look I need it:
  • Denman brush
  • selection clips
  • sea salt spray
  • or any styling spray
  • tail comb

1. So, first I started from brushing the hair and untangled splits, then I used styling spray or water for my Kate's head, I soaked it hair so could be easier to style them. 

 

I divided hair onto two section, I started by putting two fingers on the hair around the forehead and using pintail comb brushed them with the back, then between fingers caught a hair and holding them try to create the wave, clipped; they touch them to the forehead I did the same. Before I created waves, I struggle from the beginning. It's hard to do this; I must practise a lot so will become more confident. This how looks my finger waves.








2. Next way to create waves by using curl wand, you need it bend all the head. Below I attached the short film to explain how to do it.



Kayley Melissa. 2015. YouTube. [ONLINE] Available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJah23-gJNk. [Accessed 20 April 2016].


2. So for this look, I needed it to curl whole head and clipped the curls. After cool down, I brush all the curls softly and using pintail comb, try to create finger waves, this way it's easier them previous.
This photos below showing how my finger waves look.

                          






The last way how to create fingers wave I totally forgot, even I hadn't enough time to build them.
To summarise, definitely it's not that easy to do it, practise and one more practise helps you to achieve the appropriate look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment